- 1 An Introduction to World Cricket Championship 2
- 2 World Cricket Championship 2 : Gameplay
- 3 Features of World Cricket Championship 2
- 4 Tips ‘n’ Tricks for World Cricket Championship 2
- 5 Personal Impressions // Review of World Cricket Championship 2
- 6 App Specifics for World Cricket Championship 2
- 7 Download World Cricket Championship 2
- 8 Summary
An Introduction to World Cricket Championship 2
With over 250 million downloads worldwide, WCC2 contains a huge array of batting strokes, bowling techniques and fielding format strategies which make it one of the biggest mobile cricket gaming titles of all time. Beyond the huge amount of control in both offense and defense, there are multiple gaming modes where players can customize their avatars and teams while striving to unlock new features, arenas, characters and more!
World Cricket Championship 2 : Gameplay
Making the most of the mobile device platform, WWC2 employers a variety of taps and swipes to eloquently direct balls and players alike. With two different batting controls, classic and pro, and different viewing camera angles, players can adjust their format to best suit their preferred gaming style. Winning matches earns XP and coins which can unlock more features with bonuses for hitting sixes and fours as well as for bowling maiden overs, getting hat-tricks and more!
Features of World Cricket Championship 2
- 69 different batting shots and 8 different bowling actions
- Enjoy the Blitz Tournament for free!
- Electrifying fielding with stunning diving catches & quick throws to surprise the opponent.
- Challenging AI opponent
- Realistic ball physics which responds to the pitch (Dead, Dusty, Green)
- Player attributes – Players gain extra skills for consistent performance and this enables them to improve progressively
- 18 different international teams, 10 domestic teams, 24 different stadiums. TEST Cricket, Hot Events and more than 4 tournaments including World Cup, World T20 Cup, Blitz Tournament and ODI Series.
- The Gangs of Cricket mode where the user can form gangs and compete in challenges.
- Challenge A Friend mode enables the user to challenge your friends.
- Batsman may get injured for poor shot selection.
- The emotions of the fielders vary according to the circumstances of the match.
- Cinematic cameras and real time lighting enhances the visual appeal.
- Realtime Infographics representations:
- – 3D Wagon wheel with dynamic game data
- – Hawk-eye view for bowling summary & for LBW appeals
- – 3D Bar chart for innings run scored
- Ultra slow motion Action replays with multiple camera angles
- Over 40+ in-game camera angles
- Two different batting controls (Classic & Pro)
- Two different batting camera settings (Bowler’s end & Batsman’s end)
- Fielders are configured with advanced ball – head coordination system
- Professional English and Hindi Audio commentary with dynamic ground sounds
- Night mode in Quick play and all tournaments with LED stumps
- Batting Timing Meter to time your lofted shots.
- Manual Field placement to control your opponent AI batsman in All modes
- Share and save game highlights generated at the end of the match.
- User can edit the playing 11 team, player names and their roles.
- Misfielding, stunning wicketkeeper catches, quick stumping & tight 3rd umpire decisions to create realistic cricketing experience.
- Over 250 motion captured animations
- New fielding, umpire, toss animations and 26 new batting shots
- Battle tested and updated engine to provide fluid 30fps gaming on most mid-range devices.
Tips ‘n’ Tricks for World Cricket Championship 2
Watch out for the LBW!
The infamous and dreaded Leg Before Wicket is actually a very dominate and prevalent feature of WCC2 and just like in many real life matches, decisions can be questioned and challenged. Players only have limited chances to question the ‘third umpire’ and more often than not decisions will not be overturned and still result in the batter being declared out. Therefore it is best to simply adjust the batters position before taking swing, for if well timed batters will more often make contact or just miss. The chance of bowlers hitting the wickets is also a lot lower than the rate of being called for LBW if the batters stance is even close to being in front of the stumps.
Master the Map!
Rather than just swinging wildly and praying for the best, it is far safer and more successful to instead take a quick mental note of the map display in the top right of the screen to see where there are gaps within the fielding opposition and then adopt the right stroke to exploit these holes. This will mean that players will need to master a variety of shots like the ‘helicopter’, the ‘Dil-Scoop’ and more! If there are no obvious choices, then it is best to play a standard defensive block, or a more risky leg glance to sneak behind for a cheeky four. Moreover, if most of the fielders are majorly infield, then by quickly clicking the loft button on the right side of the screen, players can sweep the ball for a coveted six.
Personal Impressions // Review of World Cricket Championship 2
The simulation flow and actual control mechanisms are surprisingly smooth and very enjoyable! The graphics and sound effects are equally impressive considering the download size. Yet the real hero of the game is the actual realistic cricketing experience itself. With different ball physics which respond to different pitches (Dead, Dusty & Green) along with the ability to challenge LBW decisions players can really submerge themselves in the game. The abundance of stats and option to change the lineup of batters and bowlers along with the visual graphs and charts further enhance the feeling of real cricket.
However! Despite WCC2 having actually very well designed control mechanics that perfectly border the line between being easy to pick up and difficult to master, there are two very discerning factors which unfortunately evaporate all desire to play. The first is that World Cricket Championship 2 is a blatant cash grab with pop up advertisement constantly onscreen as well as very annoying videos which interrupt play every over is simply too much! The second is that in order to unlock the majority of features, players must log in with a legitimate email address which inhibits players from enjoying anonymously.
Thus unless willing to spend real life currencies to unlock the ad-version as well as giving up certain civil liberties and open yourself up to spam and opening allow your email and personal meta details to be sold and re-sold continuously (yes black market data dumps and sales for marketing is a very real thing), then do not bother with World Cricket Championship 2.
Half a star out of five.
App Specifics for World Cricket Championship 2
2.5.6 (iOS) (Last Update Oct 20 2017) (as at the time of writing)
2.5.6 (Android) (Last Update Sept 04 2017) (as at the time of writing)
460 MB (iOS)
142.1 MB (Android)
10,000,000 – 50,000,000
8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
4.1 and above.
Rated for 4+
$0.99 ～ $9.99
Download World Cricket Championship 2
App Store : iOS
Google Play: Android
Do you agree with our review of World Cricket Championship 2? We would love to hear your thoughts on whether you love or hate this game in the comments section below along with any other hints, tips and tricks that you may have come across that haven’t already been covered above. Also be sure to leave any requests for games that you would like to see reviewed! And as always, ‘happy gaming’!