- 1 An Introduction to Snipers vs Thieves
- 2 Snipers vs Thieves : Gameplay
- 3 Features of Snipers vs Thieves
- 4 Tips ‘n’ Tricks for Snipers vs Thieves
- 5 Personal Impressions // Review of Snipers vs Thieves
- 6 App Specifics for Snipers vs Thieves
- 7 Download Snipers vs Thieves
- 8 Summary
An Introduction to Snipers vs Thieves
In classic cops and robbers style comes Snipers vs Thieves the latest game from London based developers PlayStack. With cute animated characters gameplay is kept fresh by allowing players to enjoy action on either side of the law as either robbing loot or protecting loot from bandits.
Snipers vs Thieves : Gameplay
Gameplay is split depending on whether players are playing as either Snipers or Thieves as the game itself is virtually two completely different genre games within in. As a sniper players need to make use of swipes and drags to toggle zoom, and tap to shoot and reload. Yet expanding beyond the standard arcade action, players must also test their composure, patience and mental might to carefully select the best ammo for the mission or squirrel away ammunitions for later harder levels, as well as focusing on efficiency or enormity.
When thieving, players tap to move to duck and weave as they dash from cover to cover along with swiping to tuck and roll as they strive to outwit snipers and rush to reach the escape car. Thieves also must make use of a selection of taunts and specialty gadgets to further try to trick snipers to make a clean getaway.
Features of Snipers vs Thieves
PLAY AS A SNIPER!
- Protect your vault in real-time from rival bankers! Take them out before they get to the getaway van!
LOOT AS A GANG OF THIEVES!
- Team up with Thieves across the world or buddy up with your friends and take on rival gangs!
UPGRADE OVER 50 DIFFERENT WEAPONS AND GADGETS!
- Blow your rivals away with explosive ammo or ice the competition with freeze bullets!
- Disguise yourself as a car or perhaps even a tree to slip away with all the loot!
GET RICH IN STYLE!
- Collect over 100 different masks! Highlights include Samurai, Pumpkin head and Disco Ball guy.
JOIN A CLAN WITH FRIENDS!
- How much loot can you take in a weekend? Co-ordinate your clan to maximize your returns!
SEASONS AND COMMUNITY!
- Seasons and events filled with new content and surprises!
- Climb your way to the elite leaderboards and prove your worth against the best in the business.
DELVE INTO THE BLACK MARKET!
- Hundreds of weapons and gadgets flow through the black market every day – keep an eye out for rare items!
Tips ‘n’ Tricks for Snipers vs Thieves
Starting out sniping is extremely simple with slide controls to zoom, toggle and aim then tapping to shoot and reload. Yet as the game progresses, success at sniping becomes more and more intricate and hard won. Therefore, to master the art when possible be sure to always;
- Do not miss!
– Reloading wastes valuable time and can make or break a mission. Thus, it is worth while taking that extra micro second to save in multiple wasted seconds.
- Head Shots!
– As important as it is to make any contact rather than no contact, head shots will stop an enemy as opposed to slowing down an enemy and as such once proficient in shooting, is worth the risk. Successful headshots also win bonus rewards so be sure to aim accurate and shoot true!
- Cap the Money!
– If unable to get a clean head shot, by hitting the money bag, thieves will lose some of the money they are trying to steal. Whilst not much, protecting some is better than none!
- Arm the Ammo!
– Whilst not immediately available a variety of different specialty ammunition can be used. Thus if unable to pass a level, try switching ammunition to a blast area, splash damage exploding bullet or a disease ammo which also infects multiple targets.
- Tactical Targeting!
– When sniping, it is best to quickly scan the area to find all thieves and then focus on one particular target and eliminate them before moving onto the next, so on and so forth. However, as thieves run from cover to cover they lose stamina and the ability to sprint. So if any bandit appears to be going slower than normal, switch and take them out as quick as possible before they can recover enough to start sprinting again.
- Follow the Arrows!
– When making the dash to the getaway vehicle, multiple green arrows will appear leading the way and indicating where thieves can take cover before rushing to the next point. Arrows however range in colour density which is an indication of the amount and safety of cover provided. Full dark green arrows offer maximum protection whereas lighter, smaller or cracked arrows provide less cover (or other thief is already there) and as such are more vulnerable to sharp shooter attacks. Furthermore, arrows which have a film clapper indicate that part of the scenery to better aid in cover and taunts.
- Slow and Steady!
– As tempting as it is rush the getaway and high tail it to the escape car doing so rarely ends in success. First off, by constantly sprinting players quickly run out of stamina and end up immobilized walking not running without any cover. Secondly, by taking cover and letting others taunt and make a break first, players can use them as decoys as snipers focus on them while players rush to the next step.
– Taunting is extremely useful as doing so rapidly increases stamina which allows for players to sprint longer and further. Furthermore, it is the best way to trick snipers into wasting bullets and forcing them to reload. That said, however, timing is key! By mistiming a taunt, players can inexpertly end up plugged full of holes or busted, which means that the taunt feature is a dangerous yet if used properly, advantageous tool that players ultimately need to master.
- Duck & Dodge!
– By swiping the screen whilst running thieves will tuck and roll in commando style while still running towards targets. This tactic is extremely effective in avoiding oncoming fire yet unfortunately heavily depletes energy and stamina which means that players cannot over use the feature and should hold off until starting to come under fire or within the last stretches of the next cover or getaway car.
- Bags & Masks.
– Different masks offer different attributes and boosts which can range from increase stamina, dodge abilities, strength and others. Higher tier bags also offer such buffs as holding more cash, allowing more speed and not leaking as much during sprints.
Upgrading rifles for snipers and bags for thieves is the first and foremost the best use of resources. Yet upgrading should not be limited to the big ticket items alone, as levelling up occurs through unlocking and upgrading new and existing items. Therefore, it is important to constantly be busy either upgrading or working towards gathering resources to progress through the game. That said, if playing as a sniper, then upgrading ammo should be a priority whereas if playing as a thief, then disguises should be focused on. Due to limited amount of slots, it is also important to log in regularly to make sure that cases are always being unlocked!
Personal Impressions // Review of Snipers vs Thieves
Sniper vs Thieves is an extremely fun and simple take on a classic idea that incorporates many new and interesting facets that fit perfectly for the freemium mobile gaming format. In true arcade gaming style missions are short timed for quick on the go gameplay. The characters are cute and comical in their design and the animation is smooth and lacking in lag. The diversity of masks and disguises is comically impressive and charming. The background music is fresh and light as are the in-game sound effects.
Being able to switch being doing the shooting and being shot at is a brilliant way of keeping things fresh and preventing a tedious grind. The multiplayer logarithms are very efficient is matching similar players in battles which allows players to invest in lengthy sessions without even realizing that players were playing with real life opponents as opposed to in-game A.I. That said however, before too long the balance between sniping and thieving becomes questionably skewed with it becoming exponentially difficult to complete sniper missions without heavy and expensive upgrades. Had it not been for this slightly noxious bait and switch to a pay-to-win (for at least half of the game) then Sniper vs Thieves would have scored very, very highly, yet in its current form unfortunately doesn’t quite fulfil its true potential and as such scores what should be a two and a half stars out of five, but somehow sneaks up to a very generous three stars out of five.
App Specifics for Snipers vs Thieves
1.1.12170 (iOS) (Last Update Sept 07 2017) (as at the time of writing)
1.1.12170 (Android) (Last Update Sept 06 2017) (as at the time of writing) Not yet available for Android. (as at the time of writing)
436 MB (iOS)
153 MB (Android)
5,000,000 – 10,000,000
10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
4.1 and above.
Rated for 9+
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.
$2.99 ～ $159.99
Download Snipers vs Thieves
App Store : iOS
Google Play: Android
whether you love or hate this game in the comments section below along with any other hints, tips and tricks that you may have come across that haven’t already been covered above. Also be sure to leave any requests for games that you would like to see reviewed!
And as always, ‘happy gaming’!