- 1 An Introduction to Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
- 2 Modern Combat 5 : Blackout: Gameplay
- 3 Features of Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
- 4 Tips and Tricks for Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
- 5 Personal Impressions of Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
- 6 App Specifics for Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
- 7 Download Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
- 8 Summary
An Introduction to Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
Dubbed as being perhaps the best FPS (first person shooter) on a mobile device to date, the latest instalment to the very popular Modern Combat series is a must have for all fans of fast paced action games!
Modern Combat 5 : Blackout: Gameplay
Adopting the role of Caydan Phoenix, players can shoot, crouch, sprint, throw grenades, aim, reload their weapons, leap to obstacles, knife enemies, and change/pick up weapons. Players can assign a class of to the solider which ranger from assault, heavy, sniper, recon, support or bounty hunter – all of which have different weapons and style of play. Each mission is roughly about 5 minutes long which is much shorter than previous games in the series.
Players can enjoy a brisk single player mode or in various multiplayer missions such as;
VIP: To score points, you have to kill the enemy team’s VIP, while trying to protect your own. VIPs can score bonus points by getting kills.
Squad Battle: Join your squadmates in a fight against an opposing team. Here you are able to get on the world’s TOP 100 squads.
Capture the Flag (C.T.F.): Find, steal and bring the enemy flag back to your base to score a point. The first team to reach the score limit wins the match.
Zone Control (added in v1.2.0): Capture and hold the flags on the map to score points. The first team to reach 100 points wins the match.
Team Battle: Team-based match where the goal is to eliminate members of an opposing team. The first team to reach the score limit wins the match.
Features of Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE CLASS
- 7 customizable classes that you can level up across single and multiplayer
- Find the playstyle that suits you: Assault, Heavy, Recon, Sniper, Support, Bounty Hunter or Sapper
- Activate class-specific skills by earning and spending Skill Points
- Watch players in battle with the new Spectator mode
- Epic team clashes in Squad vs. Squad matches
- Talk to other players in Global and Squad Chat
- Individual and Squad leaderboards
- Win cool rewards in the limited-time events
CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS APLENTY
- Equip advanced tactical suits with powerful abilities
- Attach trinkets to your weapons for a personal touch
- Apply camos to the advanced tactical suits and weapons to mark your presence on the battlefield
- Accumulate XP and level up by playing both single-player missions and multiplayer matches
- Unlock higher-tier weapons by mastering lower-tier ones
- Customize the perfect weapon using a host of attachments
INTENSE SOLO CAMPAIGN
- Fast-paced story missions with various challenges taking you from Tokyo to Venice
- Play the new Spec-Ops missions for a real adrenaline rush
- Flawless graphics, music and voice performances with seamlessly integrated cutscenes
HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE CONTROLS
- Intuitive, highly customizable controls so you can play just the way you want
Tips and Tricks for Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
» Customize your controls to best suit your style of gameplay.
» Make sure to enable the auto-aim and auto-sprint feature!
» Always take cover whenever possible.
» It is possible to shoot enemies through walls!
» Headshots, multiple and explosive kills etc. reward higher XP.
» Experiment with the different classes of soldiers.
» Level up weapons as often as possible.
» Be aware of accuracy levels. Accuracy increases when stationary and improved when crouching extra.
Personal Impressions of Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
The crisp clear graphics are truly stunning as is the realistic sound effect. The various modes of play is great for preventing boredom of playing similar style missions over and over again. The inclusion of mini-games further adds to mix things up and get players coming back for more!
The on screen controls are adequate considering it’s on a mobile base, yet for those were have enjoyed FPS games on consoles may find the lack of finesse slightly trying. For example, it is often common to accidently throw a grenade when simply wanting to turn around.
The crossover character progression is great for allowing players to effortlessly switch between modes without penalties.
The biggest downside to the game, apart from it being basically just a shinier newer version of MC4 with a very watered down plot, is that it is a constantly online game and can’t be played without a Wi-Fi connection. This is obviously a necessity for Multiplayer modes, yet not essential for single player missions … Four stars out of five.
App Specifics for Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
1.9.0 (iOS) (Last Update June 30 2016) (as at the time of writing)
1.7.01 (Android) (Last Update July 19 2016) (as at the time of writing)
904 MB (iOS)
45.5 MB (Android)
10,000,000 – 50,000,000
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
4.0 or above
Rated for 16+
English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
$0.99 ～ $159.99
Download Modern Combat 5 : Blackout
App Store : iOS
Google Play : Android
Do you agree with our review of Modern Combat 5 : Blackout? We would love to hear your thoughts on whether you love or hate this game in the comments section below along with any other tips or tips you may have to get the most out of the game.