An Introduction to Egg, Inc.
For those that have ever wondered which came first, the chicken or the egg, the answer is now irrelevant! For in the near future, the humble egg unlocks all of the hidden secrets of the universe! So read on for more info!
Egg, Inc. : Gameplay
Essentially based as an incremental clicker style game there are also elements of sim style building and improving. Players earn cash from housing chickens and selling eggs. The cash earnt can then be spent in a number of ways by upgrades resources or investing in research to make each egg and chicken more profitable. What starts out as a pleasant and simple game soon becomes more of a strategic mind thinker as players will have to balance strategies and time to make their farm the greatest in the universe!
There are two forms of in-app currency, cash being the main form earnt and spent and golden eggs being the prime which is much rarer to obtain and can be purchased with real life money.
Features of Egg, Inc.
– Simple, Casual gameplay with opportunities to challenge yourself
– Chicken swarm! – Dozens of research items – Dozens of missions
– Many different hen houses and shipping vehicles
– A “Nested” Prestige system has the game always feeling new
– Wonderful 3d graphics with pixel perfect UI and shadows
– Google Play Games achievements and leaderboards to compete with your friends and the world!
Tips ‘n’ Tricks for Egg, Inc
- Down the Drones! By tapping on flying drones, players are rewarded with cash and at times even a golden egg!
- Use multiple fingers to tap when releasing chickens. With certain research upgrades the faster the release rate the higher the rewards!
- Try to hold out and skip stages when upgrading hen houses. It may take a little bit of a wait to save up the cash, but it will be cheaper in the long run.
- Research as much as possible!! The research process may be a little daunting at first as it is split into different tiers. However, focus should be spent on upgrading the value of eggs first, as this will lead to higher earnings quicker which can then fund other research. Upon maxing out a tier the next tier opens. It should also be noted that certain research upgrades compound together, so if done right, then it is possible to fast track earnings very efficiently!
- The Epic tier of upgrades requires gold eggs, but they keep working, even after you’ve switched to a new egg type. Think long and hard about where to put the gold eggs. Again, focus on boosting your output!
- Be sure to view the check list regularly! By knowing what bonuses are available, then players can work towards them and reap the rewards and open up the next bonus quicker!
- Watch the videos! Sure each video is a very dull and waste of 30 seconds, yet in fact, the value of watching can be well worth the 30 seconds and result in some very lucrative prizes at higher levels!
Personal Impressions of Egg, Inc.
Despite the simplicity of the game Egg, Inc. is surprisingly highly addictive! So much so that players should consider this a legitimate warning before downloading! Once started, it is extremely hard to put down!
Unlike many other games there is no tutorial upon starting up yet the ease of gameplay is simple enough not to warrant one. There is also a very welcoming lack of obtrusive advertising and energy bar meters which makes gameplay stress-free and continuous.
The fun tongue in cheek humour of the newspaper clips further add to the lighthearted pleasance of the game. Whilst this may not be for everyone, if simply wanting a stress free time waster, this this may be for you! Four stars out of five!
App Specifics for Egg, Inc.
1.0.6 (iOS) (Last Update July 26 2016) (as at the time of writing)
1.0.9 (Android) (Last Update July 25 2016) (as at the time of writing)
29.8 MB (iOS)
22 MB (Android)
100,000 – 500,000
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
4.0 or above
Rated for 3+
$4.99 ～ $39.99
Download Egg, Inc.
App Store : iOS
Google Play : Android
Do you agree with our review of Egg, Inc.? We would love to hear your thoughts on whether you love or hate this game in the comments section below along with any other requests for games that you would like to see reviewed!