- 1 Introduction to Angry Birds 2
- 2 Storyline of Angry Birds 2
- 3 Angry Birds 2 – Gameplay
- 4 Tips ‘n’ Tricks To How to Best Enjoy Angry Birds 2
- 5 Personal Impressions of Angry Birds 2
- 6 App Specifics for Angry Birds 2
- 7 Download Angry Birds 2
- 8 Summary
Introduction to Angry Birds 2
One of the most original and famed games of all times is back with a sequel to please fans and inspire new gamers! Following on with the sling-shot themed pig destroying bird attack, is the twelfth addition to the universally popular series.
Storyline of Angry Birds 2
In a last ditch effort to avenge their stolen eggs the “Birds” get angry and launch themselves at the “Pigs” and their variously intricate designed defenses. With each bird comes a different skill-set and thus the tactical strategy of the game comes into play. Choosing which bird to play at what time and where to aim it makes all the difference in this slingshot shooter!
Angry Birds 2 – Gameplay
New features to the updated version include a new style of bird selection where players can choose from a deck of cards to best select the optimum weapon (bird) to successfully win the round. This subtle yet major feature allows a much greater and wider level of game-play in this already widely popular tactical and strategic game!
Tips ‘n’ Tricks To How to Best Enjoy Angry Birds 2
With but a select few choices of birds to attack with, the number one key to advancing in this highly addictive game is appropriate bird selection for each environment. Therefore, let’s take a closer look at what each individual birds’ talent is.
- Red – The iconic and most famous of birds and subsequently the angriest of birds is “Red”, with his building toppling roar, Red is the go-to-bird that is best for all and any occasion.
- Blue – With an affinity for smashing all frozen bars and structures, “Blue” separates into three different attack birds which when timed perfectly can be used with a frozen spell to wipe out an entire stage with one single shot!
- Chuck – Triangular in shape, Chuck effortlessly knocks out and take down wooden bases with a bullet driven design!
- Matilda – This white, egg shaped queen drops existential eggs as bombs on unsuspecting piggies. When timed right, Matilda can take out structures both above and below which makes this bird a very valuable and viable weapon of choice!
- Silver – Difficult to aim and get used to, this bird can loop-de-loop into a direct head-dive into any hard to reach crevice.
- Bomb – As illustrated by the name, this black bird will explode mid-air or even upon landing. This is another birdy that when used probably can be a dramatic game changer!
- Terence – This juggernaut of a bird is the big bad boss version of the original “Red”. Thrown wisely, this big bird can take down a whole range of structures!
The second major factor apart from bird selection, is knowing your environment. By using flowers and fans to your advantage, stubborn Bosses can be easily dealt with, with a single skillful, strategic toss.
Following on on how to make the most out of Angry Birds 2 is the correct use and timing of “Spells”. Given three free hits upon unlocking a new spell, users also have the option of spending real currency to purchase more of these very valuable game changer! All in there are five different spells which each have their own unique characteristic, so let’s take a closer look at how each spell differs and can be used in full effect.
- Golden Duck – Dropping the ducks will unleash a reign of damage upon all structures and pigs. Whilst the ducks don’t have any specific special talent, the sheer number of ducks can wipe out even the most technical of designs.
- Blizzard – This delicate snowflake of a spell, converts all materials into ice, so when used in conjunction with a “Blue” bird attack this spell can be a real winner!
- Hot Chili – This perfectly primed pepper turns a piggy pork into a timed explosive. Toss it, wait a few seconds and enjoy the bacon rain!
- Pig Inflator – This is a great spell and can rack up a lot of points when used in a crowded stage. By unleashing the “Inflator” each pig on the screen become a rapidly inflating bubble, then burst in an explosive pop!
- Mighty Eagle – As this spell was a huge crowd pleaser in the first Angry Birds, it’s great to see it back again! By launching a can of sardines, the Mighty Eagle roars in and destroys all in its wake!
Personal Impressions of Angry Birds 2
Like so many things in life, the balance and push / pull equilibrium is such a finite level with so many discerning factors that it is so very hard to find that perfect sweet spot! That said, Rovio seemed to do just that when they launched the original “Angry Birds”. However, like so many franchises and movie titles before them Rovio appears to have fallen to the same cliché.
Whilst everyone obviously wants a great free-to-play game sometimes it is better to stick with the tried and true version. That is in a nut-shell what someone should have said to the executives and developers at Rovio. What was a ground breaking phenomenon has become just another bait and switch ploy at trying to lighten user’s wallets without giving any real value of entertainment in return.
Therefore, it is incredibly difficult to rate this game, as new-comers to the series will undoubtedly instantly fall in love with the addictive strategic gameplay and all round cuteness, yet fans of the original may / most probably will be left with sour and mixed emotions.
Other points of concern undoubtedly lie with the limitation of five lives with an incredibly long thirty minute regeneration span per each life.
The new style of gameplay in which users can select which bird to play is a huge advancement, yet the ability to only cycle between three choices no matter how many birds are in the deck, is a major flaw and would allow much greater game play if rectified.
Despite this minor issues, the game is visually clean and fun to play! Four stars out of five!
App Specifics for Angry Birds 2
2.6.8 (iOS) (Last Update April 25 2016)
2.6.5 (Android) (Last Update April 5 2016)
115 MB (iOS)
95 MB (Android)
10,000,000 – 50,000,000
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
4.1 and up
Rated for 3+
$0.99 ～ $99.99 per item
Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
Download Angry Birds 2
App Store : iOS
Google Play : Android
Do you agree with a four star rating of Angry Birds 2? Are you a longtime fan of the original or a newcomer to the series? We would love to hear your own personal thoughts so please be sure to leave a comment below!